What are the most popular/ demanded neighborhoods in Tucson right now? Where do others seem to gravitate towards when moving to the Tucson area? This is a question we get a lot and in the past three years things have changed and new developments have been built. In the Tucson are, the NW side continues to push further out and development in this area is the heaviest. Probably 3/5 people moving to Tucson end up deciding to move to the NW side; we do not see demand slowing anytime soon. That being the case most of the best new neighborhoods are found on the NW side.
1) Center Pointe Oro Valley Homes for sale; Center Pointe is a new home development built by Maracay Homes which started home sales in mid-2016. Since then the sales have been super strong with buyers wanting new homes in the Oro Valley that also offer gated community, premium views, livable floorplans, and a large community pool/ recreation center. At 50% of the neighborhood sold out in less than a year this would be one of the best/ most demanded neighborhoods in the Tucson area.
2) Dove Mountain is back; Dove Mountain slowed down for a while from 2008-2015 but now the Dove Mountain area is very hot again with buyers wanting the higher end contemporary living the neighborhood offers. Some of the builders in the district such as Del Web, Mattamy, and some new builders just opening for sales are selling at breakneck speeds and this should continue for the near future. If you are retired or work on the NW side Dove Mountain is a viable additional option for high-end NW Tucson living (the other being Oro Valley).
3) New home neighborhoods that offer homes under $250k. Any neighborhood that makes this a reality is selling out of homes right now. SW side of Tucson, along with parts of the SE side are offering maximum value to buyers looking for a brand new home under $250k. Unfortunately, not many builders are building under the $250k price point with a few being DR Horton, KB Home, and Richmond American.
4) Semi-Custom and Custom builders are back and doing brisk business. Again back from the dead these builders who about vanished since 2006 are back and building. We have been handling several clients that want semi as well as full custom homes built by representing them on buying the right parcel of land to develop on. We then assist the clients by getting the right builder to help them get what they want out of their new home. Every builder builds a different type of home in this segment. Custom homes start around $200/sf to develop and semi-custom homes can be started for around $150/sf (or so) depending on land costs this is not an option for everyone, but with little to no new luxury homes built between 2008 and 2014 this is a must for many buyers who simply want the latest designs and features of their home.
5) 55+ Active Adult neighborhoods; Maybe the most active of all the segments of the Tucson market is the 55+ or Active Adult neighborhoods. A lot of our business is in this part of the market and we have never seen it hotter. Simply put demographics are at play and will continue to push this segment further and further. This is Tucson with a premium high desert climate and surroundings people simply want to retire here or at least spend the winter here. On top of that homes in the Tucson area are all things equal considered cheap for most retirees. This combined with the fact Tucson has a lot of active adult neighborhoods to fit exactly what the buyer wants makes these homes sell briskly. I expect to see an explosion in the 55+/ active adult real estate market in Tucson as demographics for the next 20 years project huge growth for these types of homes/ neighborhoods.
If you would like assistance with finding the right home and neighborhood contact us today. We have a deep knowledge of what all the different areas, neighborhoods, and homes offer each buyer. We are also extremely honest with our clients and will tell them if we think certain homes, neighborhoods, or areas are not going to work with what their requirements are. Contact us today!